Sunday, January 13, 2008

one acts showcase

Ok so I haven’t really updated my acting journal because I didn’t really want to think about performing My name is Rachel Corrie because I was so nervous. But guess what? The one acts class performed for our showcase yesterday and it went awesome! Everyone did well, including me. ! or so I’ve been told. I’m not sure how I did, I have to check it out when I get a copy of the showcase on DVD. But Mr. Chandler and Mr. king said I did well and also some random parents I didn’t know said I did well. Ugh the last two rehearsals before the show I was so nervous. I like cried. Especially the rehearsal on Friday. I was crying to my English teacher telling her I wasn’t sure I could do it that I would have to talk to Ms. Winter about not doing it and I was just a mess. I did talk to Ms. Winter and she told me to go ahead and rehearsal it and we would see where I was at. But that rehearsal actually went well. And yesterday I was so nervous before the showcase! I was freaking out a little.
But apparently I did well. so I’m glad. It’s funny because during the opening monologue I am lying in a bed, wake up from sleeping, well I decided to take my glasses off and put them on when I “woke” up but then my glasses fell off and I had to do the piece completely blind. Which I guess is good because I couldn’t really see anyone except my best friend Sarah who was sitting in the front row. And then towards the end I am supposed to be reading an excerpt from one of Rachel’s emails but then the email disappeared from the lap top I was using and so I had to adlib. It was pretty hilarious. I am just glad it’s done because it represents me getting over my fears. I’m sad the class is over though…but I learned so much. My friends had been so understanding and they rocked yesterday during the performance. And Ms. Winter was so understanding and she helped me through all the millions of times I freaked out. I mean it’s just amazing how everyone has grown. I loved watching the others performed and there really is so much talent at MA. It’s just awesome. I loved watching my friends transform and I loved being able to see how they changed through out the course. All most of the audience saw was the final presentation but they didn’t see all the tears and struggles that we as actors went through, They didn’t see all the hours of hard work and all the hours of procrastination that we put in. they didn’t see the tears. (I wasn’t’ the only one that cried)The nerves. It really was an awesome experience. And I loved being able to perform parts of, My Name is Rachel Corrie. I’m thinking about performing the whole show for post term. If I do do it, it would have to be like a charity/ fundraiser thing. I’m going to start thinking about it after midterms. Which reminds me, I need to study for my freaking math midterm tomorrow….

No comments: