Tuesday, November 6, 2007

good day, very good day

So today was me and my friend’s first rehearsal for coffee house and it went really good. And I thank god for that because I was a nervous wreck and He really helped me through it. The only thing that sucked was that we had to wait over 2 and half hours to go. We were one of the last ones but I got to spend time with my friend and skit partner and when I performed there wasn’t really a large small group of people. Ok that sounded weird but I have problems performing in front of small groups but I do fine performing in large groups. And I was earlier during the rehearsal process there would be a small group but it would be big enough for me to notice. It’s weird. but by the end of the rehearsal it was only my acting teacher ands the two other teachers helping her with coffee house. I nailed all my lines and my teacher said my vocal work was good. So I’m really happy about that.
I was a nervous wreck though for most of the two and a half hours. At one point me and my skit partner had to go outside because I was so jittery and worried about projecting. So we went outside in the freezing cold and started shouting out our lines. The only thing that we need to work on together is that fact that near our little skit (which is called “DMV tyrant”) we end up braking character and laughing because there is one line where she is like, “look into my eyes” and it’s just so funny. But I can pull my laugh off as a fake smile because that’s how my character is but my skit partner is supposed to be angry so laughing in the middle of her final sentence probably isn’t a good thing.
So I’ve been in a good mood today which was made even better by the fact that tomorrow I’m going to new york with my acting class to see a Broadway show! I can’t remember what it is called though. But I will write about it tomorrow. I am going to head off to bed so that I can get up a little early and pray and talk to God because I didn’t really do that today because I was just being lazy. I know ungrateful after all He has done for me, even today.

No comments: