Sunday, November 11, 2007

school, school. school

I really, really should be working. Acting alone takes a lot of my time not to mention all the other things I need to do like, college essays for instance or my huge individual Spanish project. But I will get them done. I always do. I wasted way too much time already reading this blog from this actor I never heard of because he is based in Chicago and mostly does local work. It’s funny how I came upon his blog. I just typed in “actor’s journal” and there was his blog. Well not really a funny story but it is pretty cool that out of all the blogs that I could have come upon I came upon his. In fact it was his blog that inspired me to get my tail into gear and to start journaling my thoughts. Even though this journal is a class requirement, actually reading somebody else’s blog inspired me to get going and not to leave it to the last minute. Even though I sort of did. I didn’t really start until 2nd semester and even now I’m not really making outstanding progress. I should really be focusing more on my coffee house skit and my one act play but I seem to get tied up on all the emotional hurdles that seem to zap my energy away. But then again overcoming these emotional hurdles and insecurities are an important part of acting. I would like to start actually writing about my material though. I will probably start writing more in depth about my coffee house skit later tonight or tomorrow night. I just need to make sure I get all my other stuff out of the way because right now I have been placing acting as like 1st on my list of things to do. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but I also need to fulfill my other commitments.
And the subject of whether or not I am acting because I love it or because I feel the need to prove to myself and others that I have talent is really tearing me up. I want to enjoy the journey of acting and of getting into character which is hard to do when you are so intent on showing others up and proving that you have talent. I just need to try not to care so much about what others think because most of the time I think a person perceives me in such a way only to find out I was completely wrong. And I am not going to make acting my career in the sense that I will move to LA or New York to try and scrape a living off of it. But I do want acting to be a part of my life. I want to incorporate it in whatever career path I choose. Which right now seems to be geared towards the ministry. But I don’t know.

No comments: